Cirrus Research / careers
Careers at Cirrus Research
What does a career at Cirrus Research sound like?
As a world-leading innovator of scientific measurement instruments, we're always on the lookout for amazing and talented individuals to join our teams across all areas of the business, whether that's sales, marketing, research and development, operations, finance, or engineering.
If you're looking to take your career to the next level in a fast-paced and growing business, get in touch and let us know by using the form below or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 days paid holiday (rising to 33 in 2023)
- Health cash plan – support with everyday medical costs eg optical, dental etc
- Discounts through MyPerks on shopping, days out, cinema tickets etc
- Death in Service cover – 3 x salary as standard
- Support for training and professional development
- Employee-managed social club events
- Staff recognition awards
- Free on-site car parking
- On-site kitchen with free fruit and refreshments
- Strong green credentials – we are working towards Net Zero.
At Cirrus Research we make world-leading sound measurement equipment, so we know what you want to hear!
Junior C# Software Engineer
Cirrus is seeking candidates for the position of C# Software Engineer to work on embedded Linux systems, with the ideal candidate having experience developing on a Raspberry Pi. The role involves developing embedded systems (IoT) for noise monitoring systems to protect hearing and the management of environmental noise. This role will also involve backend and frontend cloud and web services.
This is an ideal role to work within a small dynamic design team to help develop the latest cutting-edge cloud IoT connected measurement systems.
• Design, develop and maintain software for our IoT products, primarily using Linux on a Raspberry Pi.
• Develop backend services using C#, ASP.Net.
• Build web frontend with Blazor, Tailwind.
• Work on Azure cloud services.
• Work within a team to deliver new cloud base measurement products.
• Work on bug fixing and improving system performance.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Ideally a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, however candidates with demonstratable industry experience may be considered.
• Proficiency in C# programming and ASP.Net.
• Experience of working with cloud services.
• Working with Raspberry Pi’s and or NXP ULP cores.
• Working with Yocto and Linux
• Experience in handling Azure services like Azure Table Storage, Azure Functions and Azure Blob Storage.
• Experience in building web applications with Blazor and Tailwind.
• Acoustical knowledge.
If one of the above roles interests you, please submit a copy of your CV to: email@example.com